Customers and Prospective Customers
To provide our products and services, we may collect and process your personal information. This gives you more detail about what we do with that personal information.
This statement relates to personal information we may collect and process as the data controller when:
- you engage with us before becoming a customer;
- you open a Medray account (including on medray.ie)
- we provide our goods and services to you as a customer.
We will not always be the controller of that personal information, but sometimes we may be.
Where the personal information comes from
The personal information we collect may have come directly from you (for example, through our on-line forms (at www.medray.ie), from a business card or through some other connection). In other cases, the personal information may have been gathered from someone else (for example, LinkedIn), or provided to us by the customer or prospective customer.
The type of personal data we may not have collected from you directly, but in respect of which we may be the data controller, includes:
- email or other messaging address
- business you work for
- profession, job title and role
- telephone number
- other publicly available information (e.g. from web searches and professional social media sites)
- information provided as part of a credit trade reference
What we use your personal information for
Business development and enquiries
When you make enquiries about our products and services, including through
- an e-mail request;
- any other request that we contact you (whether implied or explicit);
- or in response to any contact we make with you,
we will use this information, and any other information you provide as part of the request or in subsequent communications or interactions:
- to, progress and/or manage your enquiries and requests (including providing you with information or documentation you have asked for);
- for business development purposes; and
- where relevant, conduct pre-contract discussions and negotiations.
Your personal information is processed in this way for our legitimate business interests, which means the interests of Medray in conducting and managing our business but, most importantly, to give you the best service and products we can.
How long do we keep this personal information?
If you do not become a customer, we will keep this information for a period of 5 years after the date we first contact you.
Opening a Medray account and making purchases
The details you provide when:
- opening a Medray account; and
- purchasing products and services from us,
are used to:
- open your Medray account and consider any application for credit terms;
- look after, manage, and maintain the security of your
- fulfil and arrange delivery of orders you make with us;
- provide customer services to you;
- manage our relationship with you;
- communicate with you in respect of purchases or other
enquiries you may make; and
- process payments you make.
This information is needed to allow us to conduct pre-contract discussions and negotiations, as well as to provide products and services in accordance with our contractual obligations to you. If you do not wish to supply it, we may not be able to provide goods and services to you.
How long do we keep this personal information?
We will keep this information until six years after the date of your last order or activity on your account. After that period your account will be closed, and your information deleted unless you ask us to maintain your account.
Products and services information
If you have asked to receive information about our products and services (for example by subscribing to receive updates from us), you have specifically consented to your email address being used to send you information, including marketing information, about our:
- our business; and
- the products and services we provide.
You can at any time withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information for these purposes by unsubscribing, writing to us, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you (or the business you work for) are (or have been) a customer, we may use your email address and other personal details to send you this information, including marketing, related to:
- our business; and
- our products and services.
Your personal information is processed in this way for our legitimate business interests, which means the interests of Medray in conducting and managing our business but, most importantly, to give you the best advice, service, and products we can.
Your personal information will also be processed:
- to manage your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice; and
- to comply with our data protection and other legal obligations.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure we have considered and balanced the potential impact on you. We will never use your personal information in a way that is detrimental to your interests.
Where we process your personal information for purposes we consider to be in our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to this processing. You may exercise this right by (where relevant), unsubscribing, writing to us at our address or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you do object, this may affect our ability to provide our products and services to you.
Who else gets your personal information?
To help us provide our services, we may share your personal information with third parties who provide services to Medray. These will include:
- information technology, payment technology, and information services providers;
- suppliers of products and services that you purchase from us;
- delivery service providers who deliver products on our behalf; and
- professional and other third party advisers
These third parties can only use the personal information we share to provide their services to us or to support our processing of your personal information in the manner set out in this statement.
On-line payment services are provided to Medray by Pay and Shop Limited trading as Global Payments using their
hosted payment solution. Global Payments will process your personal information as a data controller. Their privacy statement can be found in their payment applications.
Your personal information may also be shared with third parties in accordance with your written and verified instructions, or in accordance with legal obligations imposed upon us.
Your personal information is not shared with anyone else. It is not transferred outside the European Union.
What are your rights?
Accessing, deleting, rectifying and moving your personal information
You have the right to:
- access your personal information;
- require us to delete it;
- rectify any personal information we hold that is incorrect; and/or
- have your personal information transmitted to another data controller.
If you want to exercise these rights, please let us know in writing. You will need to provide sufficient information to verify and complete your request. We will complete your request within thirty days, subject to any legal or other requirements that requires us not to complete your request, in which case we shall inform you of this where we are permitted to do so.
Lodging a complaint
You can at any time complain about our processing of your personal information with your local data protection authority. Medray’s supervisory authority is:
Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23, Co. Laois, Ireland
How do you contact us?
The data controller is: Medray Imaging Systems Limited
You can write to us at: Unit B5, Clonlara Avenue, Baldonnell Business Park, Dublin 22
You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org