'We strive to provide superior and innovative solutions for the protection of health care workers throughout the world'
The Premium Equashield CSTD offers Superior Safety and Ease-of-Use for the compounding and administration of hazardous drugs, backed with clinically substantiated data on reduction of surface contamination with antineoplastic agents and is faster to compound a dose than alternative systems.
Used by the number one hospital in both Europe and U.S., Equashiel® covers more routes of exposure than alternative systems and is substantiated to FDA and defined in FDA's ONB code cleared labeling as Preventing Microbial Ingress up to 7 days.
Safe - Covers more routes of exposure than alternative systems
• The only system that prevents syringe plunger contamination (recently identified as a major route of exposure to hazardous drugs).
• Closed pressure equalization prevents the escape of drug and vapours.
• “Dry” connector that remains free of drug residuals.
• Cleared by the FDA under the ONB code and substantiated to prevent
microbial ingress for up to 7 days.
• Clinically proven.
Simple - Faster and easier to use
• Fully preassembled syringe with connector, requiring no further setups or off the shelf syringes.
• Easy-to-use single motion connector
Closed - The most closed system
• The only system with encapsulated syringe barrel and plunger.
• Closed internal pressure equalization built into the syringe.
• Connector permanently welded to the syringe.
• Encapsulated plunger that cannot be pulled out of the barrel.
Equashield pro is an Automatic compounding system especially designed to deal with today's unique challenges. The systems handles multiple tasks simultaneously while using advances proprietary image processing algorithms to monitor and control all stages of the process. It operates with Equashield CSTD providing a third layer of protection.
Equashield is a developer of Closed System Transfer Devices (CSTDs) for the safe handling of hazardous drugs to protect healthcare workers. Equashield's mechanically closed CSTD design relies on its unique pressure equalization behind the syringe and with its use of tight seal double membranes to keep connectors residual free despite multiple entries. Equashield Pro is built around the Equashield CSTD and relies on its innovative design to redefine the automation workflow and optimize throughput.
Unlike traditional robot’s reliance on robotic arms that mimic human motion with the use of needle and syringe leading to the potential for cytotoxic drips, spills, aerosols and vapour release, Equashield® Pro uses multi-station compounding approach to minimize both the motion and time it takes to prepare a dose much like a factory manufacturing line.
Equashield Pro is also capable of processing a broad variety of finished product dosage forms and access all size drug vials to be a truly versatile machine. Equashield Pro is designed to make adoption of robotics in the IV room simple and affordable regardless of hospital size. It is easy to fit into hospital pharmacies and comparable in size to a standard Biological Safety Cabinet.